Keep your abaya looking fresh and new with these expert tips on washing and ironing. Learn how to care for your abaya and make it last longer.
Here are some tips for washing and ironing your Abaya:
- Always read the care label on your Abaya before washing it to avoid damaging the fabric or any embellishments.
- It's best to hand wash your Abaya in cold water with a mild detergent to avoid shrinking or fading.
- Avoid using bleach or fabric softeners as they can damage the fabric and make it lose its shape and color.
- Gently rinse your Abaya in cool water until all the soap is removed.
- To dry, gently squeeze out excess water and lay the Abaya flat on a towel to air dry. Avoid using a dryer as it can shrink and damage the fabric.
- Iron your Abaya inside out to avoid damaging any embellishments or embroidery.
- Use a low heat setting on your iron to avoid scorching the fabric or causing any discoloration.
- If your Abaya has any pleats, iron them in the direction they were originally made to keep them looking crisp and neat.
- Always iron any cuffs or collars first before working on the rest of the Abaya.
- Once you're done ironing, hang your Abaya on a hanger to prevent any wrinkles from forming.
- Remember to always take extra care when washing and ironing your Abaya to ensure it stays looking beautiful and lasts a long time